Medical Clerical Assistant
Convenient, Safe, And Cost-Effective Mobile Nursing Services
Medical Clerical Assistant will report to CEO/Managing Owner
AIMS Mobile Nursing is Western Oregon’s premier provider of mobile nursing and vascular access services, women-owned and operated, with an administrative office located in Springfield, Oregon.
We are a small start-up in need of an organized and positive Medical Clerical assistant who will be instrumental in creating a positive experience for our clients and patients. The candidate will be working in a small office shared with the CEO/Managing Owner when she is in the office.
They must have some experience in healthcare office management, the ability to work independently, a good sense of humor, and be comfortable around animals. In addition to keeping the office organized, you will be dealing with both business customers who expect professionalism, and patients, who may require a bit more empathy and caring than you might normally project in a business conversation.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Create and maintain patient charts.
- Prepare charts for the nurses before the appointment, gathering documents and/or lab supplies as needed.
- Manage electronic and paper records (updating MRN, patient labels, scanning/sending records when appropriate).
- Client billing
- Various clerical duties, including but not limited to: Data entry, making copies, filing charts, scanning documents.
- Answer phones, directing to the appropriate channels.
- Process incoming faxes/orders.
- Schedule patient appointments, updating the calendar as needed.
- Maintain communication with the nurses regarding the appointments assigned.
- Customer service (assisting patients make payments, verify appointment times, etc).
- Office supply management (ordering supplies when they get low, organizing supplies, check expiration dates).
- Run monthly quality reports.
- Marketing research and development as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to one or more managers/owners as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- One year experience working in a healthcare office
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office business suite
- Proficiency with (or willingness to learn) Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Data entry skill set to be inclusive of but not limited to the ability to adapt to different data collection software
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Type at least 45 WPM
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to multitask
- Organizational skills are a must!
- Documentation of ability to work legally in U.S.A.
- Current valid driver’s license and vehicle with insurance.
- BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.